Note: If you are working with U-M Procurement Services, that office will walk you through the accessibility steps. Otherwise, follow the process below.
The information below will help you and your unit purchase or adopt information technology that is accessible in conformance with the EIT Accessibility SPG.
These are the steps to take:
- Determine the accessibility risk
- Follow steps based on the assessed risk:
Communications with Vendors
- Requirements language to share with vendors
- Questionnaire to send to vendors
- How to assess vendor compliance documentation
Reviewing Vendor Products
- Quick non technical accessibility check for vendor products
- Full functional review guide
- Beware of overlays - why this enticing option is not feasible
- Request a product review