Overall, the experience of using Zoom as a phone is very accessible. This documentation provides hints for navigating the interface as well as important keyboard shortcuts.
The Phone Tab
When you are transitioned to the Zoom Phone service, a Phone tab will be added to the the main tab list of the Zoom application interface between Home and Meetings.
To navigate to the Phone tab:
- Press (Tab) to navigate to the main tab group, then use the (Left Arrow) and (Right Arrow) to cycle through the tabs.
- Press (Return) to select the Zoom Phone tab.
Tabs Within the Phone Tab
Once you navigate to Phone, another tab group becomes available which offers History, VoiceMail, and Lines. This tab group operates in the same way and once a tab is selected, its items can be navigated between with by pressing (Tab); lists can be navigated with the arrow keys.
The area to enter a number as well as the dialpad are available on all subtabs of the phone interface. Keyboard and screen reader users can navigate between the numbers on the dialpad with the arrow keys once it is focused.
Important Keyboard Shortcuts
You can reference the full list of Zoom keyboard shortcuts, but the following are some key shortcuts for Zoom Phone. For these shortcuts, the Windows and Mac shortcuts are the same (note that this is not the case for all keyboard shortcuts in Zoom):
- Accept an incoming call: Ctrl + Shift + A
- Decline the call: Ctrl + Shift + D
- Mute/Unmute: Ctrl + Shift + M
- Hold/resume call: Ctrl + Shift + H
- Hang up the current call: Ctrl + Shift + E
Faculty and staff may request accessible equipment or accommodations for use with Zoom Phone through their supervisor or the ADA Coordinator in the ADA team in the Equity, Civil Rights, and Title IX Office (ECRT).